Institute for Sports Medicine, Alpine Medicine and Health Tourism
A unity of sport and health
The rapid development in performance diagnostic procedures and medical standards in the field of sports and health was the starting point for the merging of the Institute of Sports and Circulatory Medicine of the Innsbruck Regional Hospital and the Institute of Holiday, Travel and High Altitude Medicine of UMIT TIROL to form the Institute for Sports Medicine, Alpine Medicine and Health Tourism (ISAG). With this step, an optimal synthesis between applied sports medicine and research in sports and alpine medicine was achieved.
The ISAG concentrates its core tasks at several locations:
Our areas of research:
- Sports medicine
- Anti-doping and doping prevention
- Humans in extreme environments
- Health tourism
Studies and courses:
- Bachelor's degree "Wirtschaft, Gesundheits- und Sporttourismus" (BSc)
- Doctoral programme "Sports Medicine, Health Tourism and Leisure Sciences" (Dr. phil.)
- University course "Anti-Doping und Dopingprävention"
- ÖÄK-Diploma "Alpin- und Höhenmedizin der Österreichischen Ärztekammer"
The core tasks of the second location are applied sports medicine and medical performance diagnostics.
ISAG - Sports Medicine & Medical Performance Diagnostics
Anichstrasse 35, A-6020 Innsbruck
Current Location: In der Stille 20, A-6161 Natters
The Research Unit for Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Injury Prevention is headed by Ao. Univ.-Prof. Dr. Christian Fink and deals with topics of musculoskeletal health in a broader sense. The Research Unit is a close link between ISAG and the specialist practice Gelenkpunkt in Innsbruck.
Gelenkpunkt - Sports and Joint Surgery Innsbruck
Olympiastrasse 39, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria