Welcome to Study Management – Service International Relations
Your service area for international study and teaching visits
For further inquiries please contact:
2) Erasmus+ Incoming
For all Erasmus-related questions please contact Study Management – Service International Relations.
Please fill in the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL registration form
and send it - duly completed and signed - together with your curriculum vitae, a copy of an official identification document (passport or equivalent), your learning agreement and (if possible) a transcript of records to Study Management – Service International Relations (firstname.lastname@example.org
For the course directory please click here
For current study and examination regulations, as well as the corresponding curricula, please click here
3) Erasmus+ Outgoing
Current Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL Erasmus partner universities are:
- Akdeniz University (Turkey)
- University of Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- University of Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona (Spain)
- Technical University of Brno (Czech Republic)
- Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) (Germany)
- University of Applied Sciences and Art Hannover (Germany)
- Kaunas University of Technology (Lithuania)
- Klaipeda University (Lithuania)
- University of Padova (Italy)
- University of Pavia (Italy)
- University of the Balearic Islands (Spain)
- University Europea Valencia (Spain)
- University Ulm (Germany)
- Zurich University of Applied Sciences (Switzerland)
4) Erasmus+ lecturer mobility
If you are interested in this programme, please contact Study Management – Service International Relations for more detailed information.
5) Erasmus+ traineeship
The Programme Erasmus+ also offers traineeships for students at higher education institutions. Within the EU, students at higher education institutions will receive grants for traineeships abroad.
Students spend a period of time (2 to 12 months) in private or public organisation active in the labour market or in the fields of education, training and youth. The following types of organisations are not eligible as receiving organisations for student traineeships: EU-Institutions and other EU bodies including specialised agencies or organisations managing EU programmes, such as National Agencies.
Traineeships should be study-related and should be a valuable addition to your academic studies!
In order to ensure high quality placements, we work closely together with our cooperation partner, the Standortagentur Tirol.
For information, please contact Study Management – Service International Relations first.
6) Policy Statement
The Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL focuses on the exciting and future-orientated topics Medicine and Bioinformatics, Health Sciences, Nursing Sciences, Mechatronics, Psychology and similar subjects. In these areas, UMIT TIROL offers high-quality academic research and education. The Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL's research departments cooperate with research institutions all over the world. At the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL, graduates complete their studies with a Bachelor's, Magister/Magistra, Master's, Bachelor of Engineering or a Doctoral degree.
The Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL's guiding principles:
The Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL places great emphasis on the internationalisation of its teaching and research:
- By actively participating in European and international exchange programmes
- for students and teaching staff;
- By establishing and extending close and sustainable scientific collaborations;
- By accomplishing international research projects and promoting scientific exchange visits;
- By actively participating in scientific communities and committees;
- By cooperating on international level, based on the expertise in the subject areas represented at the Tyrolean Private University UMIT, without geographical restrictions.
Aims and target groups of internationalisation in the area of „teaching“
- Supporting the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL students who want to study abroad, as well as inviting foreign students to the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL, in form of exchange semesters (especially within the EU through the Erasmus programme, but also by funding individual stays abroad worldwide);
- Traineeships abroad worldwide for students in higher education, as part of their course work or as additional component of their studies;
- Integrating international, foreign teaching staff into the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL's curricula;
- Providing international teaching assignments for the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL lecturers;
- Promoting the students' foreign language competence by means of appropriate study programmes;
- The Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL students' involvement in internationally connected research groups and projects as part of their final thesis and/or practical training;
- Encouraging an open-minded attitude of students and graduates;
- Supporting graduates and academic staff in applying for international study programmes and jobs.
Aims and target groups of internationalisation in the area of „research“
- Encouraging guest stays of foreign scientists at the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL and facilitating placement of UMIT TIROL scientists
- at international universities and research institutions;
- Promoting international research projects, within the EU and worldwide;
- Supporting and appreciating the participation of the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL scientists in examination and advisory boards.
Strategically, the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL seeks to establish suitable collaborations for all the represented subjects and also to continue and extend already existing collaborations in order to give students and staff a competitive edge in the job market by means of international competencies. With regard to organisation and implementation, the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL's departments (in consultation with the Rector's Office) install one coordinator for each cooperation project. The coordinator will be supported in all relevant areas - as required - by the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL's Administration (e.g.: Study Management – Service International Relations).
Currently, the following collaborations exist: Eraweb (mainly student and lecturer mobility), Tempus (project partner: development of a degree programme), IPHIE (Partnership in Health Informatics for final papers), Eurasia-Pacific Uninet (student / staff mobility as well as research work). Depending on the level of cooperation, students as well as academic staff have the opportunity to participate or collaborate.
Therefore the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL expects:
International representation as educational institution by means of e.g.: the „academisation of nursing“, both in a national and in an international context. Furthermore, facing up to foreseeable future challenges now.
Improvement of the skills of graduates and academic staff, based on predefined specialised skills (learning outcomes), by adapting „international competencies“ through mobility and participation in projects and thus increasing the employability of the aforementioned groups.
Continuous benchmarking by looking into the quality criteria of our cooperation partners. Thus reinforcement of our own qualities by relevant assessment and - if necessary - the implementation of appropriate measures.
Creating a regional added value based on the international representation of the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL through excellent research and education, as well as the collaborations and networks resulting from it.
Depending on the requirement specifications, the regional/ national economy will be integrated into the collaborations and thus will benefit from the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL's networks.
Gaining autonomy by finding new sources of funding. Already established quality standards/workflows (existing evaluations included) of cooperation partners save a lot of time and costs for change-management when implemented at the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL, but they also facilitate future mobility and projects.
For further information on ERAWEB and the corresponding contact persons please visit:
The Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL is - among others - member of the European Erasmus network and of the IPHIE (International Partnership for Health Informatics Education). For further information please visit: http://www.iphie.org/
9) ECTS information
ECTS makes programmes and qualifications within Europe more transparent and facilitates the recognition of qualifications. The system allows for the transfer of learning experiences between different institutions. Greater student mobility and more flexible ways to obtain degrees. It contributes to curriculum design and quality assurance.
Without exception, the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL courses and their workloads are described in ECTS credits, whereby 1 ECTS credit is equivalent to 25 hours of study (à 60 minutes). Accordingly, students take a maximum of 30 ECTS credits per semester or max. 60 ECTS credits per academic year.
The workload includes all activities students need to fulfil in order to achieve the expected learning outcome, in particular:
- Participation in classes (contact hours), whereby one teaching unit (UE) is 45 minutes
- Individual self-study, i.e. hours spent by students on activities not guided by teaching staff (e.g. preparation and follow-up, individual practicing)
- Guided independent study, self-organised learning in order to fulfil given assignments (e.g.: seminar work, internship, composing a written work, etc.)
- Exam preparation
- Taking an examination, provided that this period of time is not part of the contact hours
ECTS credits are awarded to students only upon successful completion of the respective examinations.
10.) UMIT TIROL - Grading scheme
100 - 91
Sehr gut / Excellent
90 - 81
Gut / Good
80 - 71
Befriedigend / Satisfactory
70 - 60
Genügend / Sufficent
minimum positive grade
59 - 0
Nicht genügend / Fail
mit Erfolg teilgenommen
positive Leistung / positive performance
where a strict differentiation is not adequate
ohne Erfolg teilgenommen
negative Leistung / negative performance
where a strict differentiation is not adequate