Psychology and Sports Medicine
Linking basic research and practical implementation
The Department consists of the Institute of Psychology with the Center for Learning and Learning Disorders, and the Institute of Sports Medicine, Alpine Medicine and Health Tourism.
The aim of the Department is to closely link research and practice. In doing so, the department deals with intra- and inter-university, interdisciplinary basic and applied research, practice cooperation, teaching and training addressing the following topics:
- Statistics and psychometrics (e.g., generalized linear models, theory and applications of psychometric models).
- Foundations of thought and action (e.g., cognitive processes, embodiment, ideas about action)
- People in social contexts and organizations (e.g., tourism research, risk and uncertainty, justice and fairness, attachment orientations in work contexts, volunteering, consumer psychology)
- People with difficulties (e.g., stress, chronic pain and illness, dyscalculia, dyslexia, musculoskeletal injuries, physical therapy)
- People and sports (e.g. sports and alpine medicine, elite sports and performance diagnostics, doping prevention)
- People and health (e.g. preventive health care, prevention of drug abuse, health tourism)