Lectures in the doctoral programme Dr.phil. are generally held as block courses and in small groups to allow candidates a more in-depth analysis of the subject matter and of their own research project.
The current course offer is described in the Module Catalogue available here. The Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL offers a variety of different types of lectures and seminars, such as:
- introductory lectures on academic and scientific working methods
- quantitative and qualitative methods seminars
- seminars on academic and scientific presentations and writing
- privatissima (one-on-ones) with the academic supervisor
- specialist and thematic seminars to reinforce and deepen understanding
- seminars on research results
For details, see the doctoral regulation and the module manual.
Please note that the majority of lectures is offered in German, but an increasing number is offered also in English. Basic knowledge of German is an advantage to benefit from the broad offer of German courses.
Of the mandatory 50 ECTS credits, up to 20 credits can be earned as “free” credits through active lecture work at the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL, active participation in academic and scientific events, participation in academic training, participation in one of the Tyrolean Private University UMIT TIROL’s academic bodies, organization of workshops at academic and scientific conferences, or participation in university research projects outside one’s own doctoral programme.