Winter School in Clinical Epidemiology - Hall in Tirol
5-Day Certified University Course
13 - 17 FEB 2023
Prolongation of EBD until 29 January 2023
The course is aimed at members of:
- Healthcare & health policy organizations, national HTA Agencies
- Pharmaceutical & medical device industry
- Academia and research institutions
- Health insurances/sickness funds
- Consultancy organizations
There are no pre-requisites. Course language is English.
THE COURSE COVERS FOLLOWING TOPICS:
- Introduction to Public Health & Epidemiology: Overview of public health areas and methodological approaches, key epidemiological concepts, disease frequency& effect measures, study designs, bias, causal inference
- Risk & Treatment Prognosis: Determinants of disease, disease risk, prospective cohort study, risk function, prognosis studies, retrospective cohort study, Kaplan Meier curve, Cox-regression models
- Treatment Efficacy & Safety: Randomized clinical trial, design options, analysis of clinical trial, case-control study
- Study Design & Diagnosis: Presentation of study design, diagnostic studies, Bayes theorem
- Decision Analysis in Public Health & Medicine: Types of decision models, clinical decision analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis
Certificates will be provided to all participants after the course.
For those who are interested in a graded course performance record, we are offering a course examination subsequent to the Winter School. The exam is designed to evaluate the understanding of the basic concepts in epidemiology and is administered on the last day of the course. The exam is a closed-book test mainly consisting of multiple-choice answers, short calculations or open text questions, which are drawn from the major topic areas of the course.