Introduction to Statistics - An Applied 3-Day Hands-On Workshop with R
3-Day Certified Course
02 - 04 FEBRUARY 2021
This 3-day interactive course gives an introduction on how to use the statistical software R. It is a "hands-on" workshop and contains both lectures and practical exercises. Participants learn about the structure of the language R, the creation of professional graphs and how to do basic introductory statistics. To overcome common challenges, a lot of practical advice are given.
The course is aimed at members of:
- attendees with a basic knowledge of introductory statistics and prior exposure to statistical software
- suitable for anyone with an interest in flexible approaches to data visualization and data analysis
- scientists, health care professionals, consultancy organizations and a wide range of industries.
- PhD, medical and master students
Course Language is English. Both native and non-native English speaker scientists are welcome.
THE COURSE COVERS THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
DAY 1 - How does R think?
- Control Structures
- Data Structures
DAY 2 - Descriptive Analyses with R
- Descriptive Statistics
- Standard Graphs
- Advanced Graphs, with and without ggplot2
DAY 3 - Inductive Statistics with R
- Hypothesis Tests
- Linear and Logistic Regression
Certificates will be provided to all participants after the course. Students will be accredited 5 ECTS for successfully completing Assignment as well as their attendance and active participation during the attendance time of the course.
Travelling to Hall and UMIT TIROL